Friday, August 20, 2010

Changes in my Life

                The only constant thing in this world is change. As the world turns, every little things change. From the direction of the wind, the stock exchange, waves of the ocean and the position of the clouds. Just like these things, though we didn't notice even us as a human being change. From our height, weight, appearance and attitude. We change from time to time. And we call this growing-up.

                 I remember when I was a high school student, I was just a boy. A very small boy that is always on the front of the line during flag ceremony, when I graduated I was only 5-feet tall and now I'm in college there was an improvement in my height. I now stand 5-feet 6-inches tall. I didn't expect that I will become this tall. But even I became taller my body is just the same. During my high school days I was very playful, I love to do childish things with my friends. I can still recall when my mother always questioning me about my maturity because I'm his eldest son but the way I react is like that of my youngest brother. And my childishness is the reason why in most of my past relationships, I always get attracted to older girls. I thought that them being older than me can help me to become a matured guy. In my relationships I faced many problems and challenges. We had our own ups and downs. It helped but still not enough.

                 And when I entered college, on the first 4 years I was very irresponsible and I don't know my goals either. So the result is I always fail my subject every semester. Until my mother became tired of my attitude. She gave me an ultimatum, she told me that if I'm not able to pass my subjects the next semester. She will send me to the province and live with my Grandpa. That didn't alarmed me. I still continue my "study habits" and didn't listen to her. And so at the end of the semester, as usual I got a failing grade. That's the time when my mother send me to the province. I stayed there for one whole semester. During my stay there, I asked my Grandpa to ask one more chance to my mother. And after a couple of months, my mother decided to give me another chance, one last chance. This time I was very cautious with my every move. I lessen my time for other less-important things. And I dedicated most of my times in my studies.

                  Now, at the age of 20, I can say that I had changed a lot. I said that because now I am more concerned not only with my life but also with the things around me. Though there are things that is still the same. Like my childishness, I guess I'll always be like that :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment